As CBD (cannabidiol) conquers the natural skincare market, consumers have valid questions about its potential benefits and uses. Studies have shown that CBD presents numerous health benefits and medicinal properties, treating chronic pain and clearing acne at the same time.
CBD is a powerful skincare tool, providing an over-the-counter solution to ongoing problems like eczema and psoriasis. It contains antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-aging components. Antioxidant properties fight to neutralize free radicals in the body. Anti-inflammatory properties reduce redness and irritation. Finally, anti-aging properties smoothen wrinkles and support a youthful appearance.
There are several ways to apply CBD, including vaporizer oils and tinctures below the tongue. The most common method, however, is a topical balm. To create CBD oil, cannabidiol is extracted from cannabis and mixed with a neutral base (usually hemp oil).
Important Nutrients in CBD
Perhaps the most important thing to note about CBD is the sheer number of vitamins it holds. Once you apply CBD to your skin, your body will experience the benefits of these vitamins, including:
- Vitamins A and D - Both vitamins are responsible for repairing the skin. Vitamin A, in particular, is important for skin cell growth, oil inhibition, and skin cell differentiation. If your skincare regimen and/or diet currently lacks these vitamins, you may be suffering from dry or flaky skin
- Vitamins C and E - These vitamins function as antioxidants, protecting your skin against sun, wind, smoke, and other environmental damage. They also protect your tight skin and youthful appearance from free radicals that seek to destroy it.
- B-Complex Vitamins - Responsible primarily for skin reconstruction, these vitamins protect from conditions like dermatitis. Rather than investing in a vitamin supplement, apply topical CBD on a nightly basis.
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 - These fatty acids work to regenerate the protective layer of your skin, ultimately creating a smoother and more youthful appearance. If you lack access to omega fatty acids, you likely suffer from frequent acne and dry skin.
Skincare Benefits of Using CBD
There are many direct, skin-related benefits of using topical CBD, including:
- Acne Reduction - While frustrating and embarrassing, acne is common – even in adults! Acne has many underlying causes, but is often worsened by stress, medication, poor skincare habits, and hormones. Anything that encourages the overproduction of sebum is a problem, since sebum is meant to produce protective oil, rather than thick, damaging oil. CBD can successfully regulate the production of sebum through endocannabinoid receptors.
- Eczema Treatment - The exact cause of eczema remains unknown. However, experts believe it stems from an allergic reaction underneath the skin. Because the rash is inflammatory, it can be treated with CBD – which has impressive anti-inflammation properties. While it may not completely eradicate a rash caused by eczema, it can help significantly.
- Skin Allergy Treatment - In the same way CBD can treat eczema, it can treat other skin allergies caused by proliferation and differentiation. CBD can destroy malignant cells, fighting moles, warts, and dangerous outbreaks along the way.
Our Natural Health and Beauty Experts
At Cannuka, we understand the importance of using natural remedies to keep your body happy and healthy. Contact our experienced team to learn more about CBD oil and other impressive skincare remedies like manuka honey.
A Breakdown of Cannabidiol Oil: Facts and Benefits
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a natural remedy used to treat common ailments. CBD is one of more than a hundred chemical compounds known as cannabinoids. These compounds are found in cannabis – the plant known best for tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), its main psychoactive cannabinoid.
Because of THC, cannabis is usually associated with getting high. However, CBD is not a psychoactive compound. It can be applied topically by extracting CBD from cannabis and diluting it with a carrier oil, such as coconut or hemp seed.
There is a significant difference between the two major CBD oil products. Hemp-based CBD oil has less THC and other cannabinoids, eliminating the “high” feeling altogether. This variety of CBD oil is legal and used without the potential drawbacks of psychoactive compound use. Marijuana-based CBD oil must be obtained through a medical marijuana dispensary.
For the purposes of this article, we’ll discuss non-marijuana-based CBD oil. There are many benefits associated with the application this oil, including:
Chronic Pain Relief
Cannabis has been used to treat pain for centuries. Experts believe CBD oil, in particular, accesses a specialized system within the human body called the endocannabinoid system (ECS). When your body produces endocannabinoids, neurotransmitters are bound to cannabinoid receptors in your nervous system. This process can help significantly reduce chronic pain.
Anxiety and Depression Reduction
Anxiety and depression are often treated with prescription drugs. However, these drugs come with dangerous and frustrating side effects, including agitation, insomnia, and extreme headaches. A number of prescriptions can even become addictive, further damaging the mental health of patients.
CBD oil has proven useful in the fight against mental illness. Hundreds of patients self-medicate for insomnia, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder with CBD – and positive results have followed.
According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, chronic inflammation is a consistent problem in the United States, contributing to numerous non-infectious diseases like cancer, heart disease, and autoimmune disease. Although diet and lifestyle play a significant role in chronic inflammation, CBD oil can encourage improvement.
Substance Abuse Treatment
Recent studies suggest CBD oil can modify circuits in the brain related to drug addiction, decreasing morphine dependence and heroin-seeking behavior in rats. If humans are able to tap into the substance abuse benefits of CBD oil, we may experience an increase in successful quitters.
Heart Health Improvement
In a recent study, ten men were given a single dose of CBD oil. Unlike those using a placebo, the men that applied CBD oil experienced a reduction in resting blood pressure. Animal studies have also demonstrated the ability of CBD to reduce the cell death associated with heart disease.
Skin Condition Improvement
CBD oil, while useful for curing common ailments, is most often used as a skincare treatment. The oil can reduce prominent acne, discourage allergies, and support anti-aging efforts.
Contact a Product Specialist at Cannuka
Looking for natural remedies to treat your ailments and improve your skin? Our specialists at Cannuka can help! Contact our team by calling (800)-638-4571.